This guidance tells you how to consider applications from people who wish to come to the UK under the Youth Mobility Scheme route.
This route is for young people from participating countries or territories who wish to experience life in the UK.
This guidance is designed to be used alongside Appendix Youth Mobility Scheme of the Immigration Rules. The rules explain the requirements an applicant must meet, and this guidance provides additional information on how to consider their application. Paragraph references refer to Appendix Youth Mobility Scheme unless otherwise stated.
We provide the best consultation
This section tells you about the validity requirements under the Youth Mobility Scheme route. Before considering suitability and eligibility, you must check the application is valid by referring to paragraphs YMS 1.1. to YMS 1.5 of Appendix Youth Mobility Scheme.
Before considering an application, you must check that the applicant’s passport or travel document is genuine. You must do verification checks if you think any of the supporting documents an applicant has submitted are not genuine. An application for entry clearance on the Youth Mobility Scheme route must meet
all the following requirements:
- The applicant must have provided any required biometrics
- The applicant must have provided a passport or other travel document which
- Satisfactorily establishes their identity and nationality
- If the applicant is a national or a citizen of a country, or the rightful holder of a passport issued by a territory, that does not have Deemed Sponsorship Status, the applicant must provide evidence of sponsorship that has been issued to them no more than 6 months before the date of application
Process & Operational Efficiency
- Entry requirement
- Financial requirement
- Sponsorship requirement
- Invitation to apply arrangements